Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cake time again


Since we have tons of eggs at home right now, and I'm just bumming around not doing anything, I decided to make another cake. Of course, once the cake was out of the oven, I was too tired to do anything more. Plus, a marble cake was already baking too.


Today, I finally had the energy to finish my musical inspired cake: a piano! I actually saw Duff on "Ace of Cakes" make a piano as part of a cake for a child's birthday party at FAO Schwartz, and I thought to myself "that should be nice and simple." Well, it wasn't. But I think it came out OK. What do you think?


(I forgot to mention the worst part! My hands are now a dark shade of burgundy from kneeding the black food coloring into the fondant! I wonder how many days that will last...)

No comments: