Sunday, May 18, 2008

What's wrong with today's parents?

Albie and I went to the 10:45 p.m. showing of "Prince Caspian" after my concert last night.

We walked in just in time for the previews. As we sat down, a young mother comes in with a little boy in her arms. I didn't see her at first., but Albie did.

"Who brings their 6-year-old to a movie this late?" Albie asked, and I turned around to look at the two of them walking up the stairs to some seats two rows behind us.

"He's not 6," I replied, turning back to Albie. "He looks more like 4."

The mother and son (we assume) placed themselves next to a little girl.

"Now, she looks more like 6," I said.

The first preview started showing and the mother got up and walked out the door. The boy was screaming "Moooooooooom!" but she just kept going. She got back 6 or 7 minutes later, just as the movie was about to start.

I had just started thinking she was going to leave the kids there by themselves while she went to see a "grown-up" film.

No comments: