Friday, May 23, 2008

Painting cabinets



Before.... During....

Despite the fact that my shoulder still hurts from a night of painting on Monday, I couldn't help but start the kitchen cabinets when I got home from work today. One cabinet hangs by itself to the right of the sink, and this seemed like a good place to start.

I forced my still-sore arm muscles into action by screwing off the cabinet door hinges. But since we just bought a cordless drill, it was probably harder for me to write that sentence than to take the door off. I'm looking forward to future projects where the drill will come in handy!

I've hated the way our kitchen looks since we moved in. The kitchen is small and dark. Painting the cabinets white (and replacing the hardware) will hopefully make the room feel bigger, brighter and happier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You work a lot, you blog a lot - where do you find time to do up your place? I'm impressed!

Take care of your arms. Painting is hard work. I got problems with my left hand carpal tunnel when we renovated our house - had to have an operation.

Vickan said...

Time is always rare, but I think it's mostly a matter of doing stuff when inspiration strikes and not putting it off for another day.