Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sleepless nights

Once again, a sleepless night.

It's 6 a.m., and I should have been sleeping for 2 hours by now. I've already decided to skip my morning job and go there on Friday instead, but I still have to get up at 11 a.m.

Tuesday night I blamed it on the coffee I had - still effective nine hours later when I tried to get some sleep.

Tonight, I guess I have to admit what it really is: Work has been keeping me up. Not actually working, just thinking about it.

I try not to write too much negative stuff here about the office. Work friends read this, which I have no problem with, but persons who shall remain nameless would not be impressed to find their names mentioned on the almighty internet in the context I intend to mention them.

Let's just say there is a new project at work that was thrown upon me without anyone really consulting me first and now I'm expected to deal with things that haven't been specified and I am not allowed to give up any of my previous duties to figure this out. Someone who doesn't know much may or may not help out, and oh, then there's this one person that always makes everyone want to quit and has no intention of ever leaving, it seems...

At times I really wish I could walk out. "Sorry I didn't have time to get anything done on that project, or anything else you expected me to have done that I didn't know about. Oh, it's due tomorrow? Well, that's really too bad. Tomorrow I'll be at my new job."

A new job, however, is not an option right now. My work permit only allows me to stay with this company, and unless something else opens up real soon in Connecticut, I have no choice but to get through this and hope that everything has a purpose and will work itself out in the end.

No comments: