Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Humidity and hair

Some people love the summer - I don't.

I can't stand it when it's hot and humid - and look what it does to my hair! Well, ok then, that's not the worst part.

The worst part is walking around feeling disgusting all the time, feeling itchy and sweaty and dirty. Then each breath takes three times the effort. And it's not because I'm doing any sort of heavy lifting or running or anything, that's just how it is with humitidy for me.

I'm positive my Swedish lungs are not made to take in all that water vapor in the air. After all, Scandinavian's don't usually have to do that.

A little bit of warmth I can handle - give me a sunny, 70-degree day and I'll be all set. It's when the temps rise above 80 and the humidity creeps over 60 percent that my skin starts to crawl.

Thank goodness for air conditioning - at home, in the car, at the office. With energy costs continuously rising, I just hope I can afford it through September, when life finally goes back to normal.

No comments: