Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lazy week

This has been a lazy week for me.

I haven't worked at my second job, I haven't done any home improvement projects, and I haven't been blogging. It's been nice.

Last weekend, I spent most of my time in my pajamas. A few drinks on Sunday (including my first taste of absinthe), then movies and ice cream on Monday. On Tuesday, season four of "The Office" came out on DVD, and Albie and I have seen six episodes so far.

It's all in preparation for what's to come. Next week will be the first week for Albie at his new job. He's excited, of course. I'm mostly scared. No more carpooling on Tuesdays, no more dinners together at the office, and no more help laying out pages. From now on, I'm on my own.

What makes it even harder is that our editor also left this week. Now it's just me, the sports editor and another copy editor putting the paper out seven days a week. But wait, did I mention I also have to do a 20-page tab each week?

If you know anyone who likes to copy edit and is great at page design, please have them contact me. I could sure use the help!

No comments: