Sunday, June 15, 2008

Garden updates





I haven't posted much about the garden lately, but that's because I really haven't done much out there. It seems the garden has been growing on its own, however, and as long as I keep throwing some water here and there, green things are popping up.

My wildflower mix is about 2 inches high now, and a few days ago I noticed that my two lilies have shot through the muddy ground to show off some impressive 6 inches or so.



A couple of weeks ago, when it wasn't too hot to be outside, I also built a little area for our grill. Since we haven't been approved to extend the deck yet, I just wanted to get the grill off the patio so we can maximize our space.

I also bought two cheap rugs at Wal-Mart. Instead of spending $150 on fancy "outdoor" rugs, I bought two cheap ones that seemed to be made from the same fabric. So what if they only last us through this summer? Next year we'll probably have a deck anyway. I was just so sick of seeing the ugly grey concrete - and it was nasty to walk on too.

No comments: