Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The land of Bible thumpers

A new poll released this week by Harris Interactive shows the Top 10 most popular books in the United States:

1. The Bible
2. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (women)
3. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (men)
4. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
5. The Stand by Stephen King
6. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
8. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
9. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
10. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

The study included 2,513 adults. Read full story here.

2 comments:

BluePlastic said...

Well, that's not too surprising, I suppose.

Has there been any European studies like this? I imagine the Bible would be up there as well, maybe not number one but still going strong...not everyone is enlightened and secular in Europe, I gather. :)

Vickan said...

I wish there were European studies that I could compare. I'll have to investigate.