Saturday, August 30, 2008

Checkin' in on Ralph

I spoke to my buddy Ralph Nader today again. He was in his hometown to attend a local cable television show hosted by a town selectman (woman).

We still are not sure whether Ralph is going to be on the ballot in Connecticut - his supporters are fighting for access in 45 states. And that's just so people will have the OPTION of voting for him. Doesn't really seem right.

Anyway, on a spur-of-the-moment sort of impulse, I picked up the phone and called Ralph's sister's house in Winsted. Guess who answered?

He remembered me from our interview in the spring, although he then asked "what was your beat again?" and I had to remind him I'm an editor who doesn't really write... Anyway, our evening reporter was thrilled he would get to speak with him after the show.

I've said this before, but it can't hurt to say it again. Ralph Nader is a really nice guy. He's smart and he is doing something good for the residents of this nation.

Whether he has a chance of winning the election isn't the question - he is fighting for all other candidates our there who are not endorsed by the Democrats or the Republicans. If he succeeds, he may be able to change the narrow-minded two-party system that is brainwashing the American people.

No comments: