Saturday, August 9, 2008

I didn't do it!

A few nights ago, I slept over at the office. It was nice, because I could get an early start the next day at my second job.

When I was back at work again on Tuesday, I found out that there had been two break-ins in Torrington and that one of our reporters was doing a story about it. The deli next door had been broken into some time late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. The liquor store on the other side of our building had also been burglarized the same night.

Oh crap! was the first thing that went through my mind. My car was in the parking lot - right in between the two buildings - all Saturday night, into Sunday morning. I hope nobody think I did it!

Second thought: How come I didn't see or hear anything? It would have been really cool to be able to call the cops and say, "hey, there was a green car that sped off down the street around 3 a.m...."

No comments: