Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Blinds, more paint and corner pieces



Some people like to call these "window treatments." I call them curtains and blinds, which also makes them less expensive. "Window treatments" can cost hundreds of dollars. I used my old curtains and bought fabric color at the craft store for $4 (x2, because I wasn't happy with the first color I chose). The bamboo blind was $6 at Wal-Mart. I had to cut it with scissors to make it more narrow, but you can't really tell. All three windows in the living room will get these as soon as I make my way back to Wal-Mart (you can see the old white blinds to the right and left).

The wood blind on the back door in the dining room is from IKEA, $20.



I also got ambitious and started painting part of the hallway with the same green tea color as the living room. Of course, Albie had already done the prepwork with spackling holes and taping the ceiling. The trim around the door will eventually be painted white.



Albie and I finally found an outside-corner piece at Home Depot. Now we just have to paint the molding so we can put it up and finish this darn dining room! Oh, and I got my favorite shelf up on the wall. This is where the blue wine glasses go... eventually.

No comments: