Friday, June 19, 2009

Time to tell

I've told my family, my closest friends and my co-workers. I guess now it's time to tell the rest of the world.

I am scheduled to have surgery on July 1.

I've written before about my fibroid. While I am still employed and have health insurance, and before this thing grows any bigger, it is time to get it taken care of.

It's going to be at a hospital in New Haven, and my regular OB/GYN is going to do the actual cutting and sewing back together. I will most likely be there until July 3 - coming home just in time for the July 4 weekend.

I've taken off from work for at least four weeks to recover, but the doctor told me today he won't let me go back until he gives the "A-OK." No driving for 10 days after surgery. Lots of "CSI" and "Friends" are in store.

Oh, and Albie bought us a Wii, so I might be playing a lot of that as soon as I feel better!

2 comments:

ab said...

Best of luck, then! You'll be fine.

Vickan said...

Thanks! I hope so...