Thursday, January 8, 2009

Driving through space

As I drove home from work tonight, snow was zooming directly at me from all sides - big flakes that made it difficult to focus on anything else. It felt like I was driving an intergalactic ship through outer space in slow motion, with millions of stars flying by my windows.

The most difficult thing during these times is to stay alert and remember that you are actually in a small car on a two-lane highway, not in the vast empty space with endless openness and nothing to crash into.

I made it home alright, and there was still no snow on the ground by the time I parked my car. I guess it was just happy floating around in the air, then melting again and leaving us with greyness.

3 comments:

Maria said...

trist! Ska det vara snö ska det vara snö. inte slask eller nån annan variant av det.

John Hirbour said...

Snow... the final frontier... these are the voyages of the start ship viking.

To seek out home improvement and edit news papers for all man kind.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's not only me imagining being Han Solo (I know, being female, I ought to be Princess Leia but somehow I feel more at home with the temperament of Han Solo) and having Chewbacca on the passenger seat, while driving in snowy darkness! One have to remember not to jump to light speed...